Power and its continual supply is the backbone for the uninterrupted growth of Indian economy. Any faulty handling of this resource can severely hamper the smooth functioning of the major sectors. UAVs provide a strong dataset from aerial perspective, that help not only in maintenance procedures but also in identification of potential threats in the power stations and power lines. GarudaUAV has conducted inspection of transmission towers in visual and thermal spectrums. This data helps in continual working and maintenance of the structures.
- Identifying and mitigating risks in power distribution in advance
- Greatly reduce man hours and costs by automating inspections
- Assess the condition and orientation of all components of cell towers with no need for workers to ascend to height
- Data accuracy and reliability with real-time images, video feed, and zoom/thermal/4k capabilities
- Thermal images can be used to aid in inspecting and monitoring the corridor for power lines and towers
- Higher-resolution visual inspections
- Towers remain functional during inspection
- Corridor Mapping
- Substation Static Line Inspection:– identify hot spots, poor connections, damaged components and security concerns
- Intermittent Power- identification and detection
- Power generation: inspection of high and low-voltage electrical equipment, refractory lined vessels, steam driven equipment, and roof systems
- Substations and switchyards: inspection of various conductor connections, switches, oil-filled tank equipment including breakers, transformers and voltage regulators, lightning arrestors, and capacitors
The transmission and distribution sector: inspection of overhead power line equipment ranging from lightning arrestors, transformers, breakers, switches, conductor connections, and capacitors.